Want to share or use Keyhole Software content or public software? We’re ecstatic that you like it! In most cases, just follow the ground rules for using, sharing and/or republishing Keyhole content and we’ll be good-to-go!
What’s the Deal With Keyhole’s Content Sharing?
- Absolutely feel free to share any of our content links by email, social media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, DZone, Reddit, GitHub, etc.), and verbally. We’ll love you for the support!
- You cannot claim our content as your original ideas. Our team works hard to create our content, don’t steal our thunder!
- As long as you honor our Content Attribution Policy below, feel free to quote up to 75 words of any of our text content in your own blog articles, presentations, documents, etc.
- Without written permission, we can’t let you republish in full any of our text-based content (blog articles, PDFs, presentations, etc). However, shoot us a note and we can talk about it on a case-by-case basis!
- You cannot make money off of our content and you may not repackage and/or resell our content or software unless specifically noted. We gave it to you for free, so keep it free by passing it along. We love open source!
Blog Content Attribution
1. Attribute Keyhole Software (or KeyholeSoftware.com) as the source of the content in a clearly visible location. If you’re referencing a blog post or content with a listed author, we’d also love it if you mentioned him or her, but it isn’t absolutely required.
2. Link to the original Keyhole source URL, whether to the permalink of the specific blog article, or a specific landing page where that content is found.
3. If you have received permission to republish an article in full (online), you must place a canonical tag in the <head> section of your page that links to the original article like this:
<link rel=”canonical” href=”http://https://keyholesoftware.com/permalink-where-article-was-originally-published”/>
Curious About Specific Types of Content?
- Live Events – Get verbal or written permission from the Keyhole team. It’s likely okay. 🙂
- Blog Posts – Share Keyhole Software blog posts by linking to the original source URL. It’s not okay to copy the content and use it as your own. However, you may quote or cite up to 75 words as long as you follow the Content Attribution guidelines.
- Tutorials – Share Keyhole Software tutorials by linking to the landing page the download is offered from. It’s not acceptable to copy the content and use it as your own. However, you may quote or cite up to 75 words in your own content (with attribution).
- White Papers – Share Keyhole Software white papers by linking to the landing page the download is offered from. It’s not acceptable to copy the content and use it as your own. However, you may quote or cite up to 75 words in your own content (with attribution).
- Presentations – Share Keyhole Software presentations by linking to the original source. Do not alter.
- Videos – Keyhole Software videos may only be embedded in their original form or linked to their official sources.
- Print Media – Obtain written permission prior to redistributing Keyhole Software content in full in printed form.
We’re so glad you like our content! If you have any questions about the ways you can or cannot use our content, or want to request permission for its use, reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’d be glad to talk about it.