It’s probably pretty noticeable by the new social media footprints, but I am new to the Keyhole Software team. What I love about this position is that I get to wear many hats– recruiting, marketing, new business development, team building, and more. It definitely keeps it interesting, and keeps me on my toes. Best of all, it gives me a unique view on the company and its team members, and allows me to tell people about it!
I find myself around some of the most articulate, intelligent technical minds in the area. Having come from a variety of backgrounds and companies throughout the nation, each member of the team brings a truly expert knowledge base, and a great personality to boot.
I’d say that most companies nowadays say “team” because they want desperately to have that environment. They know that makes a more productive work day (and more enjoyable to boot) and try to fake it until they make it.
…. Keyhole isn’t like that. I write “team” because that is truly what Keyhole is.
Want me to prove it?
1. What other consulting firm in the Kansas City area has an Office watch party on a Thursday night, just to make sure the newbies get to meet the geographically spread out team? Not many companies, especially consulting firms, make the effort.
2. What other consulting firm plays washers on Friday like clockwork, keeping the rivalry going? Not many. Most consulting firm have employees that buzz right out the door after billable hours end.
3. What other team actually asks for support in finding the right answer to a complex problem, giving the client a full team’s expertise? Not many actually do. I can’t count the number of times I have seen four people crowded around a computer trying to figure out the issue– and found the solution.
4. What other company hires upon only two simple qualities: advanced technical skills (yeah, I know that one is a given) and personality? Not many.
5. What other company would name their business after a 14,000 foot mountain route? Not many. The company founders, as a team, climbed Longs Peak in Estes Park, Colorado via the Keyhole route. Talk about a team environment– loving a 15 hour round trip climb beginning at 3 a.m. (in high altitude) together. Learn More.
I have been immensely impressed with the team here, and am absolutely ecstatic that I get to be a part of it. It’s truly a company on the right track.
— Lauren Fournier, email@example.com