With the beginning of a new year, we all think of New Year’s Resolutions. And, although resolutions are the buzz word this time of year for individuals, why is it not common for organizations? For both people and organizations, there are goals to meet. And, as Wikipedia says, “Resolutions are more sustainable when shared.” So here we are.
Keyhole Software has 2012 goals to accomplish, and the talented team to meet them. Let’s delve into those resolutions… shall we?
We should start at the beginning, as the success of one’s future resolutions can be tied to the track record of meeting past goals. As discussed on Keyhole.com, our organization was established with four “resolutions.” Let’s discuss the past and see if we met them:
- Form a team of the brightest, stand-out talent in the software development field. Our employee count is in the 20s and steadily growing. Considering how selective we are in adding new members to the team– that is wonderful. Every Keyhole developer and architect has a specialized skill set and distinct personality, adding more depth to the team by being a part of it– regardless of location.
- Have an environment that encourages innovation and creativity. We have definitely succeeded in this respect. Some examples include recently creating an open source framework for Spring Batch, creating a JEE-based online training diary for cyclists, and taking our love of Agile to create this.
- Help our clients succeed. A client recently remarked that, “We’ve enjoyed and prospered from the uniqueness of Keyhole’s approach.” Check.
- Create high quality software. From creating a mobile application for a start-up, to converting a corporate client to a Service Oriented Architecture and much in between, we have had the pleasure of surpassing expectations in multiple business domains. As in our beginnings, our passion is to create quality software.
As an organization, we have demonstrated that we value the goals set and strive to accomplish them. Which brings us to 2012. Simply put, the coming year will be a great one for Keyhole. And, as such, we will accomplish the following New Year’s Resolutions in 2012:
– Expand Keyhole’s footprint in the Kansas City and Saint Louis area and continue to establish Keyhole’s presence in the Chicago area.
– Add more talented, specialized Keyhole consultants in each area. Continue in the current model: quality over quantity with organic growth.
- Team Building: Have in-person team meetings at least every few weeks to ensure every member is on the right track with their goals, as well as have some fun. Promote a challenging and team-oriented organization for developers and architects to enjoy being a part of. This goal is starting off on a great note– Keyhole’s Holiday Party is scheduled 1/7/12 on the Plaza.
- Continue To:
– Create, create, create… quality! Open source software and mobile development as a main focus.
– Provide the best quality services for our clients, outshining all expectations.
Bring on 2012… Keyhole Software is ready for it!