We are pleased to announce that Keyhole Software is a Platinum Sponsor of the 2017 Dev Up Conference.
Formerly known as the St. Louis Days of .NET and rebranded as Dev Up during the 2015 conference, the 10th annual edition will bring together regional and national IT experts to share their knowledge for technology.
The Dev Up conference is October 16-18, 2017 at the St. Charles Convention Center in St. Charles, Missouri. This year’s event has a flipped schedule. The main conference takes place on Monday and Tuesday, October 16th and 17th, and features over technical training sessions geared toward all levels of experience. Wednesday, October 18th, features all-day hands-on sessions called “Pre-Compilers” which are optional.
Two speakers from the Keyhole Software team will present topics at this year’s event: Chase Aucoin & Billy Korando. View the conference agenda here.
Session: What’s New In Java 9
Monday, October 16th at 1:30PM
The newest addition of Java, Java 9, has finally arrived and with it a bunch of new features and headaches as well.
During the course we will get an overview of the largest and most impactful change in Java 9, Jigsaw, which introduces modularity to the JDK. Will discuss the benefits modularity brings, get an understanding of some of the new language features around modularity, and how to migrate your existing applications to Java 9.
Java 9 isn’t all modularity, also covered will be the performance benefits of running applications in a Java 9 environment, new features like JShell, and enhancements to existing features like Streams.
Session: Neural Networks: The Good Bits
Monday, October 16th at 9:45AM
So you already know a little bit about Neural Networks and can do some of the basics? Are you ready for the really cool stuff? Let me show you the way.
The expectation for this course is that you already have a fundamental knowledge of Neural Networks either from my other talk “A Primer to Neural Networks” or via your own study.
Topics and Demos Include:
- Loss Functions: Where the real money is
- Custom Activation Functions
- Modern Neural Network Architectures
- Approaches for quick research and development
- Learning Analytics: How to know when to try something different
- Deploying for Consumption with Zero MQ
Keyhole Dev Up Giveaway Details
We have two giveaways available at Dev Up 2017.
- Stop by the Keyhole booth and enter for a chance to win a $150 Amazon Gift Card! The random drawing for the winner will take place the afternoon of Tuesday, October 17, 2017.
- Take the Keyhole Quiz! Text “quiz” to 913-270-0360. Answer four programming questions. Win or lose, you are then entered to win a $200 Amazon gift card on November 1, 2017.
- Keyhole Software’s 2017 Booth Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry and paid attendees of the 2017 Dev Up Conference.
- Keyhole Software’s 2017 Text Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry.
Employees of Keyhole Software, LLC., as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Sweepstakes is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations.