Building Young People’s Soft Skills Through Robotics

Jonny Hackett Business, Community Leave a Comment

With my daughter starting high school in the fall, we have recently attended several open house sessions to get to know more about the school, the staff and the activities available. On one of the more recent visits to the school, the agenda consisted of meeting the athletic department and coaching staff for the various sports offered. As I’m looking …

KC User Group Tour, Part 3: Pythonistas

Luke Patterson Community, Python, Technology Snapshot 5 Comments

And now for something completely different… Me: What is the first thing I need to know about Python? Pythonista: Ok, first, open a command line… Me: Alright, I’m ready… Pythonista: Now start Python… so type python and then press return… Me: Cool, Python is already installed… Pythonista: Run import this… Me: (long delay… reading…. now fighting back tears) It’s… It’s beautiful … Who… What…. …

KC User Group Tour, Part 2: Atlassian User Group

Luke Patterson Community, Technology Snapshot 2 Comments

So today I was googling some background info for this post when I found myself wishing that I had some of the good problems in life – problems like trademark erosion. Hang out in development circles long enough, and your bound to hear the phrase “log a JIRA” – meaning: “file a bug report”, “add a task”, “create a user story”, …