Keyhole is looking for a senior Java developer with a knowledge of Microservices implementations. This person is a software developer with at least 7 years of hands-on development experience.
The role is as a senior developer on a team working to develop all application architectures and coding practices for an agile team. In addition, they will work closely with the business stakeholders to translate business requirements into working designs.
This is a client-facing role where you will be creating applications using Java technologies and other tools such as Spring Boot, AWS, Kafka, Spark or Hadoop. It requires strong enterprise dev knowledge, with the ability to lead and mentor other developers.
- Design, development, and implementation of custom Java solutions for various Keyhole clients an agile development (scrum) team to refine product requirements, groom the backlog, and manage the tasks for the development team.
- Work closely with the business and IT departments of our clients to develop customized solutions and presentation of solutions for the customer
- Adapt to the needs of the client with an unyielding focus on quality
- Design the functional architecture of a Microservices platform using tools such as Java, Docker, Spring, Spark, Kafka, AWS, and ELK (Elasticsearch stack).
- 7+ years experience, in a senior-level contributing role on an Agile development team
- Proven experience developing Java applications, especially Spring
- Proven experience working with a Microservices style of architecture & containerization
- Plusses: Experience with AWS, Kafka and Kafka Streams, Apache Spark and/or Hadoop, ELK stack (Elasticsearch and Logstach)
- Plus: Experience in a large-scale migration; as an example, from .NET to Java
- Ability to work independently, with quality, but without much guidance
- Ability and comfort level to mentor and coach team members in new-to-them technologies
- Ability to create code standards surrounding development for clients to follow going forward
- Bachelor’s preferred
- Creative problem-solving skills
At Keyhole Software, we’re consultants – we work with clients. But we’re all employees of Keyhole. What does that mean? That means that you have a passionate, tight-knit development team of ~80 surrounding you & supporting you to succeed in projects. You have full benefits (medical, dental vision, 401K, Aflac, life, etc.) available to you. And you’ll likely never be bored – every client project is different & provides its own challenges from a technical perspective. We get to touch some cool technologies and utilize them in ways that make our clients successful. We love dev. If you’re passionate about it too, then Keyhole will make an excellent fit for you.
Our employees are with us over multiple projects and look to have long-term engagement with a company (while not looking for the technological sameness of staying in the same position for years on end). We strive to over-deliver supreme quality to our clients in Kansas City, St. Louis and Lincoln – and have fun doing it.
- Competitive compensation
- An excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, FSA, life insurance, 401K, short and long term disability coverage, Aflac supplemental insurance and more
- A collaborative support network of talented developers and architects for enhanced professional growth
Please address your resume with salary history to [email protected], ATTN: Careers with the title of the position you are applying for.