Join the Keyhole Software dev team in Omaha!
Keyhole is looking for a senior Java developer with at least 9 years of hands-on development experience. As a Java developer, you will work as a specialist with in-depth technical knowledge of the Java platform and as a partner for our clients in all development issues.
The role is as a Senior Java Developer as an employee consultant on the Keyhole Software team. As a member of our employee consulting team, you will engage with multiple clients throughout your tenure with Keyhole. This is a client-facing role where you will be creating applications using Java technologies and other tools; every project worked on is different.
This role offers a technically-challenging environment delivering full life cycle applications for clients in a variety of technology implementations and industries. It requires flexibility and the leveraging of your industry experience to help our clients be successful in their development projects.
- Working as a consultant to design, development, and implementation of custom Java-based solutions for various Keyhole clients.
- Working as a senior project member or technical leader of agile development (scrum) team to refine product requirements, groom the backlog, and manage the tasks for the development team.
- Consultant on a team working to develop all application architectures and coding practices for an agile team. In addition, they will work closely with the business stakeholders to translate business requirements into working designs.
- Work closely with the business and IT departments of our clients to develop customized solutions and presentation of solutions for the client
- Adapt to the needs of the client with an unyielding focus on quality
- 9+ years Java/Java EE programming/development experience
- It requires strong enterprise dev knowledge, with the ability to lead and mentor other developers.
- Ability to work independently, with quality, but without much guidance
- Experience in both the design and development of web-based applications
- Ability to thrive in a team environment as well as work autonomously
- Demonstrated ability to adapt and learn new technologies (and a passion for doing so!)
- Personality & excellent communication skills
- Ability and comfort level to mentor and coach team members in new-to-them technologies
- Ability to create code standards surrounding development for clients to follow going forward
- Should have at least an Associate’s Degree or Bachelor’s in Computer Science (or related)
Real World experience with any of the following technologies or frameworks:
- Framework experience like Spring, (Core, Batch, Boot, etc) or similar
- MVC framework knowledge like Spring MVC, JSF, GWT, Struts, or equivalent
- Java software tools like Apache Maven, Jenkins
- Eclipse or equivalent IDE
- Database development and SQL knowledge
- Cloud technologies like AWS or Azure
- Continuous Delivery
If you’re looking to have long-term engagement with a company (while not looking for the technological sameness of staying in the same position for years on end), Keyhole might be a great fit for you. We strive to over-deliver supreme quality to our clients in Kansas City, St. Louis, Omaha, and Lincoln.
At Keyhole Software, we’re consultants – we work with clients. But we’re all employees of Keyhole. What does that mean for you?
- That means that you have a passionate, tight-knit development team of ~80 surrounding you & supporting you to succeed on your various client projects. We stick to our strengths and focus only on development.
- You’re not just with Keyhole for one contract position. You’re with as an employee who over time will work on multiple consulting projects. When one project ends, we have your next one determined. If there is not a project with perfect timing, you work on our internal software and bill full time anyway.
You’ll likely never be bored – every client project is different & provides its own challenges from a technical perspective. We get to touch some cool technologies and utilize them in ways that make our clients successful. We love dev. If you’re passionate about it too, then Keyhole will make an excellent fit for you.
- Competitive compensation
- An excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, FSA, life insurance, 401K, short and long-term disability coverage, Aflac supplemental insurance and more
- A collaborative support network of talented developers and architects for enhanced professional growth
Please address your resume with salary history to [email protected], ATTN: Careers with the title of the position you are applying for.