Course Duration: Eight-hour training session with optional second day for more advanced topics.
Prerequisites: Enterprise development experience
This training session for development teams introduces fundamental concepts of the Scrum approach to application development.
Course Topics Overview
- Short history of software development
- Why is application development hard?
- How can we increase the likelihood of success?
- Respond faster to market conditions
- Eliminate waste
- Improve staff satisfaction
- Fail faster
- Avoid analysis paralysis
- Agile Manifesto
- Scrum, Extreme Programming, TDD
- Sprint, sprint-planning, backlog, relative-rank
- Planning-poker, retrospective, stand-up, burn-down
Contrast With Other Processes
- All or nothing?
- Grass roots vs top-down adoption
- Dedicated scrum master
- Relative sizing
- Small teams, Collaborative environment
- Automated testing
Introduction to Advanced Topics
- People managers and scrum masters, not project managers
- Scaling up / multiple scrum teams
- Production maintenance