Microservices In The Microsoft Enterprise
To give your development team an introductory, in-depth & hands-on look at Microservices in the Microsoft stack.
Method: Hands-on lab/lecture and reference analysis.
Audience: Software Developers and Software Architects who have never worked with Microservices or Service Fabric.
Duration: One day of instruction.
This is an introductory workshop on Microservices in the Microsoft stack. In this course, your enterprise team will undergo structured hands-on Lab/Lecture sessions conducted online or in person with Keyhole Software Sr. Consultants.
The goal of this course is to give the development teams an in-depth, hands-on look at strategies for separating domains; automating build, test and release pipelines; monitor and fix problems in a distributed system; delivering business value from distributed data; and key concepts/technologies that facilitate a highly maintainable, scalable system of systems.
The concepts learned will serve as a technical reference moving forward, as well as a sandbox for trying new patterns, practices, and principals in a non-volatile way.
Course Topics Breakdown
The sessions will be split up and elongated as necessary, depending on students’ comprehension of the material. This time will also be used as a forum to ask both low and high level technical, business, process questions of the Principal Architect Instructor
- What is Microservice Architecture
- How can it be applied to my current infrastructure
- How it applies from a business perspective
- How to set up your environment for Service Fabric development
- The architecture and components of Service Fabric Service discovery mechanisms
- How to make a self-documenting API Gateway Basic data types in Service Fabric
- How to make services fault tolerant
- How to implement failure as a service
- Micro-Data as a pattern
- Basic CQRS Patterns
- How to break down services into coherent domains
- Build a Customer Service
- Build an Invoice Service Data pipelining for highly decoupled systems of systems
- Near real-time data aggregation
- Build an Invoice Aggregation Service
- Service Fabric partitions
- Scaling Service Fabric