Single-Page Application Consulting
Single-Page Applications (SPA) allow the enterprise to provide users with rich, responsive applications through the browser. This creates extensive cost savings; gone is the necessity to develop for multiple platforms to reach users on multiple operating systems.
SPA provides the following benefits:
- Mobility support
- Plugins eliminated
- Cross-browser support
- Rich, responsive user experience leveraging the benefits of HTML5
If you want to use you're covered with Keyhole Software consulting.
Enterprise SPA Adoption Considerations
Here are a few mechanisms and patterns we can help put in place, no matter what the chosen MV* framework is:
- Sharing common vendor JS libraries
- Project Structure / Modularity / Namespace conventions
- Transparent API Mocking
- Unit Testing
- UI Validation, client and server-based
- Bundling and sharing internal JS libraries
- Optimizing client side SPA resources
- Logging / Tracing local and remote for support
- Reference application and / or usage patterns
- Authentication and applying of role-based ACLs (Access Control Lists)
Our teams have extensive real-world enterprise development experience with Backbone.js, Angular 2, React, and others, and have successfully implemented these technologies in multiple business domains.
Adapting Server Side Data and Business Logic to RESTful API-based Architecture
SPA requires a fundamental application architecture shift. If existing .NET/Java technology stacks are still viable, they need to be repurposed for a more lightweight API-based access on the client (browser) side.
Enterprises with existing Java EE or .NET infrastructures can easily adapt to SPA support by introducing a RESTful-based API framework to application servers. Java EE can adapt servlet-based frameworks, such as Spring MVC, Jersey, or Sherpa, while .NET can introduce WebAPI, MVC.Net, or WCF. This choice depends upon application requirements and the frameworks currently available in the enterprise.
Here are some patterns and mechanisms that will need to change to support API development for SPAs:
- RESTful API endpoint implementation
- Application data access strategy
- Endpoint authentication and access control mechanism
- Versioning endpoints
- Testing endpoints
- Effective API design
- Effective API payload design
- Data concurrency
- Validation / Error handling
Get More Info: HTML5 Essentials for SPA Development in the Enterprise
Get More Info: ExtJS Single Page Application Tutorial
Get More Info: Developing Single Page Applications with the ExtJS Framework
Popular Keyhole Software Services
SPA Assessment & Technology Suggestion
An assessment package designed to assess your software systems and provide a strategic roadmap for Single-Page Application adoption. Particular focus on which frameworks to consider based upon application functionality needs.
Keyhole Consultants provided to help your team meet its goals with single-page application adoption.
On-Site, Just-in-Time Education
Our team’s real world, hands-on experience is translated into your custom coursework. Depending on the needs of your business, education can include lecture and lab courses led By Keyhole Sr. Consultants, one-on-one or group mentoring and player/coaching, and post-course support services.
- Angular 2 Introduction & Programming Practicum
- HTML5 for the Enterprise — Mobile and Web Development