Demystifying Enterprise Cloud Modernization
A Solution-Agnostic Approach for Evaluating Enterprise Cloud Readiness.Download PDF Send To Email
No registration required.
White Paper Topics
This white paper includes a solution-agnostic resource to understand enterprise cloud modernization and migration. Key topics of the paper include:
- History and progression of cloud technology and what it means for business financials
- An introduction to computing services Platform as a Service (PaaS), Software as a Service (SaaS), Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), and Function as a Service (FaaS) with key advantages and disadvantages of each option
- A look into deployment models your organization can consider including public, private, hybrid, and multi cloud—each with associated pros and cons
- Strategies for micro & macro cloud readiness analysis—for an entire enterprise application portfolio or single custom app—and a path for approaching each
- The 6 R’s of Cloud Migration—Rehost, Replatform, Rearchitect, Repurchase, Retain, and Retire—with sample use cases, advantages, and disadvantages of each approach
- Tips for assessing the best cloud provider for unique requirements with a general overview of the top three
Many enterprise IT budgets are consumed almost entirely by maintaining existing applications and outdated resources—rather than investing in innovation, budgets are spent “keeping the lights on.”
Yet, getting out from under the weight of these existing applications can be daunting. Schedule is king, and making time to address modernization comes at the expense of current business needs. However, as the business world prepares to meet the next generation of customers, organizations can’t manage their applications in the same way as in the past.
Cloud technologies provide many of the building blocks to help businesses achieve their goals and prepare for the future. This white paper is a solution-agnostic resource to help you understand enterprise cloud modernization and which strategy is right for your business. Are your applications ready for the new tomorrow?